GLASS: THE FAMILY, THE MYTH, THE LEGEND

"Life is change. Growth is optional. Choose wisely."

Monday, May 27, 2013

Family Home Evening, Memorial Day 2013

The kids look forward to the end of Family Home Evening each week because we always give them a chance to share their testimony.  Sometimes their "testimony" evolves into what Weston likes to call a "testistory," which is really just a story...but we do often get some sweet and fascinating thoughts.

Weston's testimony tonight consisted of something like this:

"I know that Joseph Smith restored the church.  I also know that there is a story about the people preaching to the Lamanites, and the bad Lamanites tied them up, but the Lamanite king liked him, so the king told the guards to untie him.  And they had an arms celebration because the guy that went to the Lamanites ripped off their arms."

Sophie said:

"I know that if we get in problems then Heavenly Father and Jesus will save us."

All day long I think of their sweet and funny words, and I want to record them much more often than I do.  With mom being so suddenly gone, I am more aware of all the things I wish I had recorded all this time. I am so thankful for my sweet children!  These are pictures of mom reading to Sophie back in February the day of Brighton's baby blessing.  It is just almost impossible to fathom that she won't be an integral part of everything I do for the rest of my life.


No comments: