GLASS: THE FAMILY, THE MYTH, THE LEGEND

"Life is change. Growth is optional. Choose wisely."

Wednesday, June 8, 2011

My favorite little boy

Weston is so stinkin' funny! Every day he says at least 10 hillarious things that I just know I will remember... but then I forget! My favorite thing that he has said so far this morning is: "I love my armpits!" So unpredictable. I realize that Weston isn't the only cute little 4 year old that says amusing things, but he also asks a lot of deep questions, like "Why does Jesus love bad people?" I must admit that I wasn't sure at first how to answer that, but after considering it for a few moments I told him that Jesus is perfect, and that is why he loves everyone. I love simple answers, and I think he actually understood it.
Weston is extremely interested in the concept of good and bad people. I keep telling him that people aren't really good or bad, they just make good or bad choices. And people can always begin to make good choices. So now every day when he prays, he says (exactly): "Snake you (thank you)that everybody become good guys." He knows he is supposed to thank Heavenly Father, and he also knows that he can ask for blessings... so in this one line he kind of combines the two, which I think is pretty great. I love that he wants everyone to be good. I also love that he gives thanks for the blessing before it is even given. I know he doesn't understand the deeper implications of that, but I still love it.

And then he continually wants to know how things are built. On several occasions he has asked me, "how is whole city built?" When I answer that it is a long, complicated process, he eagerly implores me to "tell [him] all about it!" Just about every day he asks me how something is built. Last night he asked how our house was built. I told him you start with a foundation, but I think that's as far as I got. Maybe he should have a little chat with Uncle Mike about how things are made!

So, this morning Weston starts bagging up ALL of his toys in plastic bags and dragging them out to the family room. When I ask what he is doing, he informs me that he is storing these toys for the Summer. I question him to verify that he really does want them to go away for awhile and then suggest we store them in the garage. Well, that does not fit his plans at all! Apparently he is planning on storing them right here in the family room, crowded all around the TV! I suggested that they didn't look good cluttering up the room, to which he retorted that to HIM, they looked very nice!! Very nice, indeed.Still rather baffled by this little dude, and realizing that he is occupied so I should sneak out and use the computer while I have a moment, he comes running in with one important question, "where are all my Summer toys?" It then occurs to me that he is expecting a bunch of different toys to replace his regular toys for the Summer months! What a siiiiiiiiiiiiilly kid!
What can I say? My days are never boring!
p.s. As he jumped out of the car today, Weston told me that he's not afraid of anything anymore... except for really terrible monsters.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I get overwhelmed thinking about how they build a whole city too!!!

i said...

he's packing for you.i guess you never know when you'll need to be ready huh?!? what a nice guy!