GLASS: THE FAMILY, THE MYTH, THE LEGEND

"Life is change. Growth is optional. Choose wisely."

Tuesday, June 11, 2013

The weekend & Brighton's half birthday!

We have been busy and have had a lot of fun since school got out! On Thursday we went out to lunch with Curtis, and he took me shopping for my birthday! I can't believe how spoiled I have been this year. On Friday we headed down to Henderson to meet my dear friend, Rachelle, at a park. It turns out this park is the single most awesome park I have ever been to with the kids, and they had a BLAST! I guess I didn't take any pictures, but I will go again soon...it was so worth the drive. The heat was seriously oppressive, so I was thankful to have brought a cooler with ice in it.  I had to dip a blanket in the ice water over and over again and wipe down the kids faces and necks with it (even after playing in the water).  Ready or not, the brutality of desert summer heat is upon us!
On Saturday we were invited to a pool party at the home of one of Weston's kindergarten buddies, Preston.  This year I have made friends with some of the moms at the school, which has turned out to be such an unexpected blessing!  We had so much fun hanging out with a few school friends and their awesome families.  Here, Weston appears to be shooting a gang sign, lol!
Sophie, posing in her new swim suit...
Weston had so much fun playing in the water with his friends.  Watching him reminded me of the many summers of my childhood spent playing in the pool! He's really into goggles, I noticed...
Sophie had fun too and was fairly independent...
Until daddy got in the water!  She is such a daddy's girl.
Saturday was Brighton's half birthday...here he is swimming for the first time, which seemed like an appropriate way to celebrate his 6 months of life!  He  l o v e s  the water (and really, who doesn't when it's 110 degrees outside)?
Here is my friend Chelcy (Logan's mom) holding Brighton.  Isn't she beautiful?
I wish I would have taken pictures of everyone else, too.  I will have to do that another time!
When we got home around 5:30, we noticed that the temperature in the house was in the 80's. Slowly, the temperature began creeping upward, even thought the thermostat was set at 76. We spent a few hours with the temp at about 90 degrees, which really wasn't too bad, although the kids were complaining and sweating.  Weston laid on his bed with a fan on him, entertaining Brighton...

Weston is really into making goofy faces right now...
At some point I put a cool rag on his head and brought him his "gigglesaurus," his favorite stuffed animal from when he was a baby.  All of us had a difficult time falling asleep.  It was kind of a weird, hot night (even though 90 degrees is nothing compared to the 110 degrees it had been all day outside).
Love my big boy!
Today (Monday), I thought I should take some pics of Brighton, who is now getting up on all fours and rocking like he is going to crawl soon.  I can hardly believe how quickly he is growing up.  He is going to be mobile before I know it!
How cute is this!

What an angel.  I am so blessed with this sweet baby!  You can catch a glance of his 4 chompers in this pic too.  Unbelievable!  Where did my little new born baby go!?  He is just getting more handsome each day.

1 comment:

i said...

he is soooo handsom! i love all the pics! i miss you all! but not those temps! good job staying cool!