This effort to improve and not just float along requires monumental effort when you have so many constant demands from the precious, needy little people in your home! The push to do what is required just to survive is sometimes overwhelming all by itself. And while pushing is good, and while I yearn for improvement in all areas of life, I often feel like I'm barely keeping my head above water...which creates stress...which causes me to some days not even enjoy my incredible life! I wish I could push a pause button on life so that there could be more time to simply be with my kids...to cherish and enjoy them!
Notwithstanding the constant struggle to live with balance and wisdom, here are some great things that this Summer has been full of so far:
* late nights, watching Fox's "The Five" after the baby is finally asleep!
* splash pads, swimming, and playing with friends
* endless piles of laundry...and I do mean endless
* chapter books! Okay, we haven't read nearly as much as we wanted to, but we totally loved reading our first "Goosebump" book together.
* the new chore chart & earning nickles
* 80's movies and homemade pizza
* a new obsession with pirate ships
* lots of homemade kefir shakes...for the kids: gagging down cod liver oil & green drinks (Sophie tolerates it all much better than does Weston!)
* lots of crawling for Brighton, the constantly moving baby
* missing mom and talking about her lots and lots
* making new things like cream cheese & yogurt (which was a total fail, by the way!)
* the kids talking about their dreams every morning
* discovering "the magic school bus" cartoon, which is seriously great
* sleeping kids in forts, on the floor, and on couches...anywhere but their beds!
* oodles of silliness
* endless to-do lists (oh yeah, that is not unique to the Summer months...)