GLASS: THE FAMILY, THE MYTH, THE LEGEND

"Life is change. Growth is optional. Choose wisely."

Wednesday, August 6, 2014

More summertime moments...

Mid-June, Jason decided the boys needed haircuts...usually little kids hate haircuts, but Brighton LOVED his.  Meanwhile, poor Weston was just miserable.





I never get tired of this beautiful face...
In June and July we were so lucky to have both Uncle Chris and Uncle Trevor come over a few times for dinner while they were in town working.  The kids adore their uncles!

Watching Frozen...


My little watermelon thief...

During the season Jason isn't around much, but we invited the Wolff's over as much as possible. 
feeling brave...
 
Jason's birthday is sometimes the most difficult day of his entire year since it's the first day of fireworks sales, so this year, we did something to start it off on the right foot!
 Mom's birthday is the same week as Jason's...I wanted to make sure it was a great day, so we started it off by heading to the park with some friends!  Here is Sophie, ever the eager helper, with baby Benjamin.


Some (most?) days it seems like all I do is clean...at least this guy has learned to eat without making a mess...
Yeah, right!
 Brighton does everything he sees Weston and Sophie do...which explains a whole lot.  In particular, it explains his obsession with both guns and shoes!
 When we moved into this house 4 years ago, the smallness of the backyard didn't bother me at all because I had a 3 year old and a baby!  To them, the yard was a wonderland (maybe just a slight exaggeration).  Even though it seems smaller now that they are so much bigger, I never cease to be amazed at the fun they create back there!

Weston goes through phases where he refuses to wear anything  but jeans and boots.  And on this particular day, a long sleeved shirt, too!  You can't really tell, but he had massive amounts of eyeliner on his eyebrows that day that all dripped off with sweat after playing outside.  He had been using eyeliner to make himself look like an Egyptian pharoah, but I'm pretty much he decided never to do that again. Ha!
 Visiting dad's office during the week of sales...I believe this picture was taken on July 3rd.  Nothing like the added bonus of seeing Chris and Trevor!  I would like to point out the Ron Swanson pyramid of greatness poster in the background...
 For the 4th of July we went to see our friends, the Bairds.  The kids all had a great time swimming until some extremely loud claps of thunder scared them right out of the pool!
 Enjoying the fireworks in the rain...(good thing they were already wearing swim clothes)!
 The fireworks were extra fun in the rain, I thought.  There were a lot of aerial fireworks around us too, which added to the fun for sure.  I would have taken pics of the kids with their sparklers, but Brighton was terrified and clung to me with super human force, so picture taking was mostly out of the question.  Poor little munchkin!
Major toy dump here.  We were looking for something that we had lost.  I don't think we ever found it, but it is amazing what you find when you do that!
 Like these sunglasses, for instance:
 Not sure what was going on here...but it involved a lot of weapons!
 I think they were playing Revolutionary war based on the flag tucked in to Sophie's skirt. My kids do drive me crazy at times, but they also make me laugh on a daily basis!
 I love Monsoon season and the sudden moments of dramatically cooler weather that allow for more outside play!



 I tend to forget that 90 degrees with a billion percent humidity is still pretty dang hot (as demonstrated by these red-faced beauties):
 Ahhh, park days.  Can't get enough of 'em!  Especially when there are boys for Weston to play with.
 Maybe it was a little ambitious to try and get 9 kids to all look in the same direction at the same time. Ha!
 Obviously it didn't happen, but we still got a few cute pics.
 I can't seem to keep the camera away from this cute face!
 I seriously don't know why the kids look like they're running from a live bomb, but I think this is a pretty funny shot!
 One night Sophie WOULD NOT fall asleep.  After at least an hour of silence, I went in her room to check on her before going to bed myself.  To my surprise, I found her lounging on her bed all dramatically in a dress and fancy coat. What a girlie girl!!
Me and Brighton...because if I don't take a selfie once in a while, I will never show up in a single picture with my children! This particular night Jason and I had finally been able to spend time together after the season! We had gone out to eat at Bahama Breeze while grandpa watched the kids.  What a blessing that was.
This little dude melts my heart every. single. day.


2 comments:

Courtnie said...

Brighton's smile in the last pictures is perfect! Perfectly cute and mischievous, that is! :)

Jolee B. said...

I love your kids! :)