GLASS: THE FAMILY, THE MYTH, THE LEGEND

"Life is change. Growth is optional. Choose wisely."

Saturday, November 1, 2014

Halloween week...

Is it just me, or do all holidays last at least a week now?  Our Halloween started with the trunk-or-treat on Saturday night.  This is a tradition that we always look forward to.  It was a different experience this year since Jason wasn't running the show, but we still had a great time!
I love this
Sophie was excited to put flowers in her hair...
Sophie is Aurora (Sleeping Beauty) and I am Maleficent here...from the recent movie which expands on the story and emphasizes the complex character of the "bad" witch, who in this version of the story isn't really bad after all.  It was fun even though most people had no idea who we were. Plus, having Sophie and I dress up together as these characters made her forget about being Elsa, which was kind of a relief.  I don't know about you, but I am *slightly* burnt out on Frozen at this point!
Jason outdid himself again, with a little nudging from me.  I used to dread the long hours he put into his costumes, but this year I encouraged it because it just didn't seem like October around here without his costume fanaticism!  He built this awesome boom box/ghetto blaster in 3 days...it is just perfect, and he had it playing a few 80's favorites like Ghost busters (of course), Ice Ice Baby, What is Love, Rappers Delight, and the Fresh Prince of Bel Air theme song.
Mommy/daughter selfie...because you just can't have too many of those!
On Monday we went to an awesome FHE activity (Halloween carnival) with the single's ward...I was so impressed with all the amazing costumes everyone was wearing!  They were all pretty awesome.  The kids had a blast, and so did we. I would have taken more pictures, but I spent a lot of time making sure the kids were being safe while throwing darts...they liked it so much that they told me it was their new favorite "sport" on their way home!  Here is a cute pic of Megan McGhie (Cheshire cat) holding Bri Bri:
 On Tuesday, Weston's class got to go to the shark reef for a field trip, and Jason went as a chaperon.  They had lots of fun, but Sophie and I were kind of jealous!  Here is a picture that morning before they left...
On Wednesday we did pumpkin painting, which the kids loved...

Brighton really wanted to get in on the action, but I couldn't very well let him loose with a paintbrush, so I helped him paint on some huge paper...eventually Weston got involved and turned it into this masterpiece. He wasn't finished at this point, but once he did he signed it with Brighton's name and put in on the wall in Sophie's room as a poster...I have a feeling it won't be there for long though!
Of course, Weston did a Ghostbusters themed pumpkin.

Thursday we went to the Fall Festival at school.  Jason dressed up in his Ghostbuster uniform and we spent a good hour or so playing carnival games and collecting candy.
Jaime came and spent some time with us at the carnival too, which was great because she makes everything more fun!
Sophie spent the evening hugging every teacher she recognized at the school...it was really sweet.  This is her teacher this year for kindergarten, Miss Lee.
Brighton won a game and got these little goggle glasses.
Sophie got to have her face painted, too, which she was pretty excited about...




That night, Grandma Laurie rolled into town.  She came over the next day with great-grandma, and we got to spend the entire day together!  Weston was super excited because she helped him put up spider webs and other decorations, which he had been trying to get me to do all month.

We went out to lunch and then let the kids play at the park for awhile
It was a perfect, lovely day!
That night Jason and the kids got dressed up and we went trick-or-treating.  Jason got a LOT of attention as usual, and there were kids yelling, "Who you gonna call!?!? GHOST BUSTERS!!"  Brighton got a lot of attention, too, mostly because he is so darn cute.  When he runs, his little fish tale wiggle-waggles with his bum. He just melts hearts where ever he goes (that is, when he's not breaking things)!!


Weston was pretty thrilled with his cowboy cap gun, which I'm sure you hadn't noticed!
Pooped after a fun evening...
The next day (today) is November 1. It is the first post-summer chilly day, and we are all excited!  It is so chilly, in fact, that I made sure the baby was wearing a jacket before going outside, which obviously did a lot of good...
After re-dressing him, I took one more pic before completely ignoring everything else I need to be doing right now to put together this blog post! Priorities, people.  Since there are always so many high priorities, I have found that haphazardly juggling them is the best I can do sometimes. 
At least I have a smile on my face, right!?

1 comment:

Lara H. said...

I loved everything about this post and miss you and your family terribly! It's so fun to see your kids growing up, but they are doing it too quickly! :) Happy Halloween! :)