GLASS: THE FAMILY, THE MYTH, THE LEGEND

"Life is change. Growth is optional. Choose wisely."

Friday, March 26, 2010

Issues

I have issues with my computer that are making it difficult to post pictures, which is one of the main reasons I haven't been blogging much lately.
However, there are many issues plaguing our country that I cannot refrain from writing about, if only to clarify where I stand. As most of you know, I have another blog: For The Love of Liberty. I recently wrote a post about my thoughts on the health care bill. I don't even know if anyone read the post except someone I hardly know. This particular individual wrote me a scathing message, ripping everything I said to shreds. It got the wheels turning in my head. I decided that it would be impossible to write an adequate response to her message in any timely matter. And since I am a mom and have limits on my time, I decided to respond to different parts of her message individually.
Like most of you, I want very much to do something to change the tide in our country. I decided that for now, one of the things I can (and must) do is work out the arguments in my mind. So, for the sake of formulating intelligent arguments and articulating my positions correctly, I will be writing more on my Liberty blog. If this is something of interest to you, please read and comment on my posts... I welcome any ideas on where I may be missing a point, or even another point of view that I have not considered. I don't often get together with people to talk politics (though I'd love to!), so this is a forum where I can generate conversations that will sharpen my mind - and hopefully serve to prepare anyone interested to effectively communicate their ideas on freedom.
Please let me know what you think! You can link to my other blog here.

2 comments:

The Kammeyers said...

Wow, I really enjoyed reading your other blog, Michelle, as I always do! :) Keep up the great work!

Megan said...

In reference to the great BSC, I have wasted SO MUCH of my parents' money reading during family outings, sporting events, and other paid-for activities. It's become family legend that Katie and I spent nearly every summer holed up on our window seats, wrapped in blankets to ward off the air-conditioning and reading as though our lives depended on it. My stepdad finally banned books (and Walkmans) in the car on short trips because I would zone out if either were present, and in his mind, car time should be family-talking-to-each-other time. Needless to say, I became quite adept at sneaking books and tapes into the car in my coat pockets. NEVER attempt to thwart a bookworm!!!