GLASS: THE FAMILY, THE MYTH, THE LEGEND

"Life is change. Growth is optional. Choose wisely."

Thursday, March 21, 2013

This week

This week was reading week at school. On Monday I got to read in Sophie's class. She picked the book, which was The Giving Tree (one of my all-time favorites). After, Brighton and I got to join her class at music time. It was SO MUCH FUN! I was on a high all day from going to preschool with Sophie. Seriously!
Yesterday was character day at the kids' school. Weston and Sophie wanted to dress up as Jack and Annie from The Magic Treehouse series...which they did. I thought it was absolutely adorable, although the only thing different about Sophie is that she actually wore tennis shoes (instead of sparkly shoes or boots)! Weston loved wearing the glasses, which I thought was super funny. I don't know if anyone knew who they were supposed to be, but they didn't care.  It was fun to see all of the kids at school dressed up as different characters.


I took this picture of Brighton today.  He is seriously the most adorable baby in the world!  I adore the baby phase. I am so thankful for this precious little man that God sent to our family.  He has a huge, infectious smile that I have yet to catch on camera.  No matter how jubilant he is, the smile completely dissipates the moment he sees that camera in front of his face!  I need an invisible camera.  Is that so much to ask?


Meanwhile, my amazing 88 year old Grandma is in town visiting!  She and my Aunt Sue (who I haven't seen in 5 whole years) just arrived last night and are staying with my mom.  They met us at Weston's t-ball game this evening.  It was the most b.e.a.u.t.i.f.u.l. weather ever!  The last couple of days I have actually been leaving doors and windows open, which in my opinion is absolutely heavenly.  I am cherishing it because I know this kind of weather doesn't last forever.  I was so excited for Grandma to meet Brighton for the first time and for my Aunt Sue to meet Jason and all of the kids!

Did I mention that Jason is coaching Weston's t-ball team?  He really does a great job.  Weston is having fun, too.  He seems to understand the sport just a little bit better than he did last year.
Waiting in line with his buddy, Camden, to bat.
More Brighton.  I pretty much take pictures of him whenever the camera is handy.  Wouldn't you?
Sophie is such a good helper when it comes to the baby (as is Weston).  She was sitting with the baby so I could get some laundry done this evening while daddy was out doing visits.  Weston didn't want to miss out so he had to jump in too (of course)...I think it is so funny how Sophie holds both of her brothers in such a motherly way, gathering them close to her. 
Brighton just looks shell-shocked from the camera flash!
A little while later the kids passed out on the couch (now if the baby would just go to sleep at a decent hour)!
Tonight while reading scriptures, Weston had some really deep questions.  I am so proud of him for actually thinking about the things we read and discuss.  Tonight he asked how Jesus could feel the sins and pains of the world if he was perfect and never had any of those problems himself?  How could a perfect person feel all that?  I was blown away.  He also asked some insightful questions about the resurrection.  I'll never forget him asking me how Jesus could love people that do bad things.  He asked me that when he was three!  I am glad that he's a deep thinker.  It was a great day!

No comments: