GLASS: THE FAMILY, THE MYTH, THE LEGEND

"Life is change. Growth is optional. Choose wisely."

Friday, May 15, 2009

Just Three Years Ago...

Jason and I celebrated our third wedding anniversary on Tuesday. I really wanted to find some cute pictures from that day, but quickly realized they are all in storage at the moment. That didn't prevent me from taking a trip down memory lane anyway though! Just before we were married, my mom and I went to London on "business." (Why the quotes? Because we ended up doing almost no business at all!) Here we are with one of my mom's dear friends, Hannah. I can't help but thinking that I looked younger. Please everyone, lie to me and tell me I look EXACTLY the same now! This next picture makes it clear why you'd have to lie to tell me that: Here I am on that same trip with another lovely friend outside her home. I know this is a little self-indulgent, but I'm sharing this picture to say, "holy cow I was skinny!!" Is there any hope of regaining that figure after baby no. 2? I'm feeling pretty motivated right now, but I have a feeling that when post-birth exhaustion sets in, working out will be dead last on my list of priorities.
* sigh *
Back to the engagement... this picture was taken the night Jason asked me to marry him. He gave me a gorgeous diamond necklace before we went out that night in hopes that I wouldn't be suspicious he was about to pop the question.
It didn't work, but seriously, is there such a thing as receiving too much diamond jewelry in one night? Working on wedding invitations... aren't we cute?Goofing off:I almost couldn't believe my eyes when I saw this picture, but then I realized Jason was not, in fact, helping with the dishes. He was just hanging out with me while I did them... gee, not much has changed! :)Our first place together... moving in:Enjoying a Sunday afternoon in my mom's beautiful backyard:
She actually didn't have anything in her yard but dirt until we got married... I guess our impeding reception was just the impetus she needed to go for it. This is what her backyard (and I use that term loosely) looked like before she had it landscaped for our wedding:
A lot has changed since then, but my happiness with Jason is not one of them. My love for him continues to grow... just look at that loveable face!

6 comments:

Amy said...

Congratulations on 3 years, it only gets better. And you still look young!

Courtnie said...

I will still wait for some wedding day pix! You are the only roomie whose wedding day pix I haven't seen yet!

Michelle, my belle. You seriously haven't changed since high-school! I remember your graduation picture you showed me and you haven't aged a bit. Well, okay maybe a bit, but a very small bit!

Courtnie said...

P.S. It may take a little longer, but you will be back to your svelt self after your little girl is born, don't worry! I have faith in you! ;)
And you are beautiful momma. Pregnant or not!

i said...

you look the same lovely to me!!!

i still remember those days!!! :)

Mary said...

The more diamonds the better!

Honestly, you do not look much diffrent.

I think we FEEL diffrent because mommyhood pushes us in so many diffrent directions, when we look at old pics we realize how much we've changed.

jenica said...

cute! and i think you look the same. your spirit radiates through every single pic. ;-D

xoxo

one of these days we need to actually meet jason!