GLASS: THE FAMILY, THE MYTH, THE LEGEND

"Life is change. Growth is optional. Choose wisely."

Thursday, May 14, 2009

Best hubby ever

For Mother's Day, Jason told me he would make me whatever I wanted for dinner. Why did I say pizza? It is certainly not the most elegant dish. But after 10 years of not eating wheat, I have yet to find an edible pizza crust... and that is a LONG time to not eat one of your favorite foods!!
My husband is not a cook, he is a chef. He can do anything in the kitchen, so I knew I was in for a real treat. Just look how delicious the pizza turned out: okay, so you really can't tell how amazing it was by looking at a picture, but I am telling you, it was nothing short of divine! We also had a beautiful salad, artichoke (which I constantly crave while pregnant), grilled corn, and grilled Ahi Tuna. The grilled fish was made especially for my mom, because that was her main entre of choice for mother's day. So not only did Jason create a perfect feast for me, he went out of his way to spoil my mom too. Jason's mom came over for dessert a little later, and we all pigged out again! :) Oh... and I received these gorgeous flowers too. The lillies didn't start opening up until the next day, just look! I wish I could capture their intoxicating aroma and post it on my blog too, but I guess you'll just have to imagine.
And while on the glorious subject of Mother's Day, I thought I'd post this picture of my with my mom. I came across it the other day - what a happy memory! We were in London for a quick trip shortly before Jason and I got married.
I am a blessed lady, and am grateful for my amazing mom. I used to think we weren't anything alike, but being a mom has enlightened me as to just how similar we really are. I hope all of you moms were spoiled rotton and pampered shamlessly on mother's day. You deserve it!!!

4 comments:

Amy said...

Michelle, I am so jealous...you still look like you did when we were in college!

Looks like a great mothers day. What did Jason make the crust out of?

Lynette said...

Glad you had such a good MD and got pizza!! I love the pic of you and your mom. You are both just stunning!

Courtnie said...

That pizza looks awesomely scrumtious! I love gormet pizza, when I can get it. (which isn't very often) :(

Carl has made me Chicken Curry, my favorite dish, a few times!

Your husband isn't really a chef, is he? :). I actually don't know what his profession is.

We move to LA this summer. Either in June or the Beginning or July. Excited? Definitely!

Michelle said...

Amy and Lynette... thank you for thinking I look good! You made my day. Seriously, I wish I DID look like I did in college. I'm not feeling so cute lately :(
Jason found an amazing wheat-free bread mix from some specialty store. It has like 6 different types of flours that together create the right texture. Anyway, he just converted it into pizza crust!