GLASS: THE FAMILY, THE MYTH, THE LEGEND

"Life is change. Growth is optional. Choose wisely."

Thursday, November 19, 2009

Blessing Day

My beautiful Sophie received her baby blessing on November 8, 2009. She wore a dress that my great-grandmother, Naomi Lang Richardson, had made for her first grandchild - my mom. She died when my mother was only 6 months old, so this dress is the first and only of its kind. It seemed to fit Sophie perfectly. Not just because the size was right, but because it looked like it belonged on her - like it was made for her! She also wore my bonnet from when I was a baby. Our family: My sleeping angel: Sophie was queen for the day, and everyone had a chance to hold her. Here are pictures of her with just a few of her lucky admirers...
Jason's Mom:Aunt Shae-Leigh: Jason's grandma: Jason's Dad: And of course, my mom:
Here is the little princess the next day, posing with her lovely lillies:
It was a special occasion for a special little lady!

7 comments:

Amy said...

I love the dress! It looks so delicate.

Courtnie said...

She is precious and getting nice and plump! :)

I am glad you like my new header too!

Megan said...

Congratulations!!! I cried so hard during Camryn's blessing that I soaked an entire burp cloth. It was so amazing to think that she was the first baby in the history of my side of the family to be given a name and a blessing.

And your little Sophie was adorable in that dress and cap. She looked like the subject of an early American painting--that outfit made me think of a blessing gown a child from the 17th or 18th century would wear--simple yet elegant, and very timeless. Beautiful!!!

Meagan said...

What a cutie! I love the vintage dress too! Gwen wore my blessing dress and I think it just makes things extra special. Congrates!

i said...

what a great family pic!!! she is getting sooo big and i'm missing it! we need to get together!!! ;)

Miss Ashley said...

Your kids look so much alike. Its adorable!

Mary said...

OH I love the dress. You are right, it looks perfect on her. That is such a special story.

Baby blessings are such wonderful days. I always feel like it's a party for me, who made it through the pregnancy, and for the little one who's new life is just beginning.

Great pictures! Thanks for sharing.