GLASS: THE FAMILY, THE MYTH, THE LEGEND

"Life is change. Growth is optional. Choose wisely."

Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Easter

We were invited to a special Easter egg hunt with Joe, an older gentleman that works with Jason. He and his wife were helping out with their church Easter festivities anyway, and since they can't ever take their own grand kids to such events (because they live out of state), they were excited to have us come... well you know, at least the kids! Unfortunately, I was feeling pretty bad the day of the Easter egg hunt, so Jason and the kids went without me.

All excited for the hunt to begin!

Waiting in line to retrieve a prize...

Pretty excited about something...
Could it be the hot pink paint that got streaked in Sophie's hair?
Sophie was happy to have Joe as her egg-finding helper! 

The kids came home with some pretty awesome little toys and prizes... all which have since broken, of course.  But it sure was a fun adventure for them!  Weston was particularly thrilled with a little miniature skate board.  You would have thought that thing was the coolest toy on earth!

On Easter morning (the next day), I didn't have any trouble snapping happy pictures of Sophie, who discovered the movie Tangled in her basket.  She had been asking for that movie multiple times a day for many long weeks.
Weston was a bit more of a challenge.  He had been rebellious leading up to Easter (with full knowledge that the contents of his Easter basket would be a reflection of his behavior), so he only found a note in his basket that morning.  The note was from a compassionate Easter bunny who was sad to inform him that he had lost his basket this year.  I felt like crying, too, when I saw how devastated he was.  I was in the depths of morning sickness, lying miserably in bed.  I finally convinced him to come cuddle up with me so that I could comfort him. 
Sometimes consequences are as painful for the parents as they are for the kid!
Fortunately, kids are resilient.
I was finally able to get some semi-smiles out of Weston.

There's that goofy sad face (why does he do that!?)


Okay, here we finally have an actual, genuine smile!
After church we had our good friends, the Terry's, over for Easter dinner (which Jason made, of course).  Miraculously, I started to feel pretty decent and even ate a ton of food!  It was an absolutely wonderful day, and I was so grateful for the unexpected and glorious reprieve from morning sickness.  We always have fun when the Terry's come over.  It was a lovely Easter!

1 comment:

Jolee B. said...

So cute! And I'm sad the Terrys got to come instead of us! :) And... I love that the Easter Bunny lost his basket... that is such a clever punishment! :)