GLASS: THE FAMILY, THE MYTH, THE LEGEND

"Life is change. Growth is optional. Choose wisely."

Saturday, October 23, 2010

An Unexpected Treat

Yesterday I was stricken with some kind of nasty 24-hour stomach flu. Fortunately,when I woke up this morning, I was feeling much better - though still weak. Usually our Saturdays are packed with errands and activities, which is the way I like it. But since I still felt too weak to go anywhere or accomplish much, we all just chilled at home together.
What a wonderful day it has been! It was cool enough outside to actually open some windows, and I didn't feel any pressure to get everyone fed and "ready to go" by any particular time. Today we all just enjoyed each other's company. It got me thinking about my kids, and how much joy they bring into our life. Here are some of the things I adore about them that I was so pleasantly reminded of today:

* They both love the Lawrence Welk show and dance to the songs on it.
* They are convinced that they are both ninjas! (thanks to daddy)
* Weston is fascinated with the concept of bones. We had to explain to him that not everything has bones. He asked if yellow has bones, and disappointed at the answer assured me that blue does have them!
* Sophie's favorite word is grandpa. If you ask her who her favorite person in the world is, she will say grandpa. If you ask her who is at the door, or who will buy her first car, or who is her biggest fan, or pretty much any other question at all, the answer will be the same: grandpa!
* Weston calls his football a "wupple." I love that he says so many things now. Not everything is perfect, but he is a talking machine - at last! (I knew that kid was going to be just like me)
* When you tell Sophie to fold her arms for prayer, she bows her head and coveres her eyes with the back of her hands... it is so darn cute I can hardly stand it!

Today was a happy reminder that there is no place I'd rather be than at home with my sweet little family! (Although being with them at Disneyland wouldn't be too shabby either)

3 comments:

Amy said...

I LOVE days like that!! I'm so glad you are feeling better.

Megan said...

Ugh...the flu. I haven't suffered a stomach virus since I was 9 years old, and I most certainly hope to never have one again!!!

Days at home are awfully nice, though. Our home's a bit teensy, but it is fun to play without any pressure to be somewhere (see my post, and you'll know what I mean!). Your kids are so cute! I can't wait until Camryn really talks. Her most favoritest word ever these days is "No!" Sigh.

Courtnie said...

I knew Weston would be a talker just like his mommy! ;) He struck me as a great communicator when I met the little dude.

It looks like you guys have been having a good time with grandpa and birthdays. And I am very glad to hear that you are feeling better. Stomach bugs are the pits!